Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A REASON.

It's quiet.
If I closed my eyes,
I would hear you
But you wouldn't be saying a thing.
I would finger through the pages,
I would take down all the notes
in that tiny black book.
I'd look frantically through the stories
Word for word
From one dog-eared page to the next
And I'd still be left empty handed.
Then I would speak to you
But only as a last resort
And my mouth would open
But my mind would not be there.
And it is not because I do not love You
But simply because
I have chosen not to.

Perhaps it was not the absence of love
That has mislead me
But the inability to express myself to You.

You do not speak
In my dreams,
Because your heart tells me the story.
Your gentle hands on mine
It takes my breath away.

Don't take this moment from me,
Please.
It is my reason to live.

No comments: