Monday, January 14, 2008

Msgs.

My loyalties and priorities have been divided lately and it feels like I've lost touch with the Big Guy again. It's not that He's not been here for me. It's just the opposite 'cos I keep running off. And sometimes He tries to send me these messages, to talk to me, but I've just been too caught up to listen.

Things are looking up though. And whoever said prayer doesn't work is about ten miles off. It's hard to really put aside a portion of your time to really just sit down there and solely devote those moments to God, whatever it is that you choose to do with Him. But it takes time and I believe that it's okay to take it slow.

I've been getting messages lately. Alot of them. When I went for mass the other day, the priest said that we should welcome change and be brave to accept whatever it is we have to take a plunge into to complete God's kingdom in heaven. It's been hard living my life the way He would want me to lead it but He's telling me that it's time to be brave and take a step into it and that it's about time I do something with the privilege that He has given me as a follower.

Then He gives me these bible verses. I started reading Philippians after coming across an article which brought up Philippians 2. I believe everything I am given is a message and not of pure coincidence. This book teaches us how to be good Christians and I know that's what I need right now.

Regarding my problem with loyalties on the other hand, He has given me these. Isaiah
44:9-20, Isaiah 46:5-7, Exodus 20:3-6, John 4:24, Acts 17:24-25
, through this. I'm not too sure how I'm going to amend this but it's really nice to know He's always had my back. Even when I walked off.

An excerpt of Exodus 20: 3-6 :

"... You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God.."

That is soo sweet. LOL. : )

And my favourite part of the testimony is the last line of this passage:

Before, I used to wonder, "Why they keep reading the Bible? For one
thing, no pictures and it seem boring." And God help me overcome that too.
God has answered a lot of my questions and still do. When I get 4-5
messages on the same subject from different sources in a week, it is not
coincidence. God wanted to show me His truth and reveal Himself more
than I desire to seek it. God¡¯s love for me is without condition or
reservation. He waited patiently for me to turn to Him. No matter what I
have done or failed to do or what I have become from being away from Him,
He still wanted me back.


The thing about this relationship with God is, once you've really started you can't turn back. Not because you have no choice, but because once you've really felt what He can give you, you never want to leave. Ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?