Sunday, June 10, 2007

A lover's end.

The silence was not awkward,
And the air; still.
Too little has been said and done.
I dream of skies beyond this,
I hope for two different worlds,
That we may share the same moon, nevertheless.
Your words tell me otherwise,
And your actions prove so different,
But your heart is what tells the story.
Struggling to control my every urge,
This sensation is beyond me,
Love had never proved more tedious than at this moment.
To hear the beating of your heart,
All too much to ask
For a simple request.
Tell me, beloved,
Does your heart wince at the very twinkle of the stars?
For we went our separate ways,
With all too short an explanation,
With no proper redemption,
We welcomed a lover's end.
Fate,
Perhaps, has destined this becoming.
Destiny,
Perhaps, has kept our hearts from beating.

No comments: