Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A 5-year Contradiction.

SPM IS OVER!!


Hello freedom. Hello late nights. Hello extremely spicy food. Hello walking in the rain without having to use an umbrella. Hello badminton and basketball. Hello day-long tv sessions. Hello anime. Hello blogging. Hello internet. Hello long baths! (quote Gertrude on the last day of SPM.--lmao).

Nothing smells sweeter than the pain-staking, minute-to-minute freedom, enjoyed doing absolutely nothing useful or educational. Say goodbye to years and years of knowledge, agonizingly fitted into a brain with the capacity of your ordinary household cutlery drawer and hello to the contradiction of everything that we've been thought to comprehend through BM and Moral i.e filling your free time with ''beneficial" activities like reading encyclopedias and surfing the internet for nothing more than educational information and not wasting a minute of your time on the 'less important' and 'time-wasting' activities such as chatting with your friends, watching tv or basically anything that is fun.


Now all this free time is pressuring me to use every minute of it doing everything that I've been deprived of these past few months. But truth be told, like Deb said, this year has definitely been filled with plenty of new experiences.

For me, it would be..

JANUARY

New Year's Eve Party.


New Year's Day Party.


Pak Teo's 71st Surprise Birthday.


McIncests' Debut.


My First Time Out With My Younger Whole Family.


Parv's Birthday @Tao's.


FEBRUARY

Chinese New Year Visiting.


Valentine's Day Card-Making @Interact // Sport's Day// Youth.


APRIL

Santubong Trip.


ER 07.


MAY

Grandma's 80th Birthday Dinner.


GENREV concert.
(My FIRST picture with a member of GENREV)


OFFSTAGE MINOR practice.


OFFSTAGE MINOR'S last performance.
(Teacher's Day)


JULY

My FIRST Rainfest.


AUGUST

Julia's Surprise 17th Birthday.


My FIRST EVER live football match.
[Champions Youth Cup]
(Bayern Munich vs. PSV // Chelsea vs. Malaysia)


Serena's Graduation Dinner.


NOVEMBER

Last week in St. Teresa.
[Love you guys <3]


This year I've met a lot of great people and gotten to know the old ones even better.

(Sorry. Stole some of the pictures of your Friendsters. Yes, I'm a stalker. GOMEN ^^".)

Took me all afternoon to put all this together but damn it's worth it, even if it's irregularly spaced. Hell yeah, it drives me mad just looking at the imperfection of it. But heck, who cares now.

These people are irreplaceable. I wouldn't ever want to lose them. Not for anything. And to think, we may all part really soon. The worst part is, there's nothing you can do.

I know how much I complain about being in Form5 but looking back, I wouldn't trade all of this in for anything. By the looks of it, I don't seem much like a Form5 student that was in the process of SPM preparation do I? Yeah, well, I never do.

Like Julia said, we've been brought up in this safe environment whereby for five years, you'd recognize the people that walked past you in the corridors every morning. Everything would feel safe, even if it were just a routine. And now, we're leaving it all behind us.

It all went by too fast and too slow all at the same time. And now, the hot topic that has been on everyone's lips for the past 5 years is over. It is done. Just.like.that.


I'm missing you guys already.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

jess! congrats on finishing your spm!!! :) am so proud of you. now you can be a full-fledged professional couch potato LAZY BUM ;) hehe (something i hope to do soon too!)

jessica ashley said...

thanks so much, min. =) thank u for ALL your support. seriously. <3