Saturday, September 22, 2007

Slow dance with me.


Three days left of MOCK.


Alot of debate going on in my mind lately. In my decisions. Whether or not it'd make me seem needy. Or if it would be perfectly fine just doing so. I'm not sure which voice to listen to. The one that's normal and doesn't over-proportion things but might send me packing on one of my regret trips that are almost impossible to forget, punctuated with utter humiliation or the one that's paranoid over every friggin' aspect of my choices but could save me a totally rash and relationship altering move. Either way, I'm suffering.


'Corner with Love' has this baffling effect on me. It seems to have turned the inanimate faucet in my mind on and now I am near to tears at almost every episode. It's gotta come out one way or the other.

It hit me that my anxiety to leave school has somewhat worn off. I've realized after 11 years spent in an environment so safe and familiar that I am not ready to leave just yet. It's those few months before a major public exam that are the most fun, if you think about it. Sure, the studying part is tough but the upside justifies the stress which would be the chance and time you get to just sit back during free periods at school and hang out with your friends even if you're supposed to be hitting the books.
Julia is right. Public exams originally play the purpose of teaching us the stuff we need to learn. To educate us primarily before we enter the political world, not to stress you out of your hair. So sometimes you just gotta sit back, chill and watch the not-so-green grass grow.

So to all those busting their butts to get a perfect grade point average, save yourself the life-shortening experience of memorizing your textbooks down to its very skeleton. Just take it all in at a moderate pace and still find time to smell the flowers. After all, at the end of the day we just have to let go and let God. Study and pray. (According to Matt that's supposed to be St. Joseph's motto. Or something like that). I like it. Go, St. Joe! ;p

No comments: