Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Of Lanterns and Hello Kittys.


In conjunction with the Mid-Autumn Lantern Festival. =))



These pictures are of the Latern Festival celebration held in Penang. Got them from Mom.



It's nice to know that they're really getting into the spirit of it over there. Stalls have opened up along Carpenter Street as well, over here in Kuching. But I haven't got any pictures. =((
Wish SPM was already over. Then I could go walk the streets and take part in the festivities of lantern-carrying and bright-eyed awe-ing at the bright lights and colours. I miss the days when my Dad used to take me to pick out a couple of paper lanterns that were to my liking, namely Pokemon decorated ones. XP I was going through the phase. I still love it though. Later on at night, I would pester him to hang up a couple of the tiny lanterns we'd purchased around our home and then he would take me around the block a couple of times, carrying a pink Pokemon lantern at the end of a thin bamboo rotan. Yes, the hassle of lighting the candle in my lantern included, for countless times everytime the wind decided to blow and play a trick on us.



I miss it. Next year. XD I'm so gonna do it next year. We'll see where I'll be by then, I guess.




HAPPY MID-AUTUMN LANTERN FESTIVAL!~

No comments: